April 11, 2016 3:18pm
(JTA) — When I walked into the house through the back door one day as a young man, I was shocked to see my mother in the kitchen. To put it mildly, this was not one of her favorite places. When I asked her why she was there, a look of panic crossed her face….
June 26, 2013 4:14pm
Edgar Bronfman writes that he now sees the protection of gay marriage as a manifestation of the Jewish value of seeking justice for those who are enslaved.
March 10, 2013 5:06pm
Acknowledging a Judaism that embraces doubt is one way in which we can expand our tent, writes Edgar M. Bronfman.
July 22, 2012 7:47pm
President Obama’s comprehensive pro-Israel agenda increases Israel’s security, writes the former president of the World Jewish Congress.
May 17, 2012 4:37pm
Jews share a rich heritage, so all who wish to come into the Jewish community must be welcome, writes the president of The Samuel Bronfman Foundation.
March 13, 2009 8:51pm
Edgar Bronfman argues that it would be a major mistake for the Jewish community to give up on the value of innovation just because the stock market has fallen.
May 8, 2007 9:00am
An ethos of experimentation is needed to attract more people to Judaism and create a renaissance in Jewish life, Edgar Bronfman writes.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Liberal Jews plan a summer of opposing Donald Trump
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention