August 31, 2013 4:36pm
On Yom Kippur, when we beat our chests during the confession, maybe we should be knocking instead on our heads, columnist Edmon J. Rodman wonders. After all, isn’t that where all the trouble starts?
August 27, 2013 4:50pm
Not wanting to take holiday honey for granted anymore, columnist Edmon J. Rodman suits up with a beekeeper at a hive of activity in California.
July 8, 2013 10:14am
The flames from the destruction of the First and Second Temples that Jews remember on Tisha b’Av seem so distant until the tragedy in Arizona burns a connecting path, writes columnist Edmon J. Rodman.
June 9, 2013 9:18am
As the new “Superman: Man of Steel” movie flies to an opening on Father’s Day weekend, cheer earthbound Jewish men for their pretty spectacular powers, writes columnist Edmon J. Rodman — a father of three sons.
May 9, 2013 3:03pm
At Shavuot, columnist Edmon J. Rodman offers some tips for Torah newbies to find their way in the scroll.
April 21, 2013 8:57pm
Since we have been counting the Omer — a biblical measure of barley that was brought as an offering to the Temple — each evening from the second night of Passover, what better way to mark the coming holiday than by downing a barley beverage, cold and carbonated?
March 25, 2013 4:04pm
Columnist Edmon Rodman comes face to face with a Holocaust survivor’s 3-D image, part of a new interactive project of the University of Southern California’s Shoah Foundation.
March 11, 2013 2:15pm
Wondering if seeing Passover with an Egyptian eye will help recover some collective cultural memory, JTA columnist Edmon J. Rodman hits the historic Egyptian Theater in the heart of the Hollywood Boulevard tourist district.
February 24, 2013 4:01pm
LOS ANGELES (JTA) – More and more families planning bar and bat mitzvahs are taking the advice of Jeffrey Salkin, author of “Putting God on the Guest List,” by making sure to incorporate spiritual elements into their celebrations. But are we re-examining who else we’re inviting to our b’nai mitzvah? For many of us, the…
February 14, 2013 9:52pm
Purim coincides with the Academy Award ceremony this year. But columnist Edmon Rodman discovers there’s no need to go Hollywood to find an award-winning costume.
- French Jews are worried about Le Pen. Now another presidential candidate scares them, too.
- From a ‘La La Land’ lyricist and other Broadway talent, a political Passover ‘musical’
- How an Israeli model became a Melania Trump impersonator
WatchAlbert Einstein was a sex magnet? 4 surprising facts about the Jewish genius
- Zara removes skirt with image resembling Pepe the Frog from shelves
- Citing anti-Semitism, Democratic lawmakers urge Trump to fire aide Sebastian Gorka
- US charges teen arrested in Israel for JCC bomb threats
- French Jewish leader: Our country’s democracy is in ‘real danger’
- Trump’s Middle East policy is ‘welcome change,’ Netanyahu tells visiting US defense secretary
- Brazilian Jews to teach about Holocaust at school that hung swastika flags in classroom
- Hungary’s controversial $22 million Holocaust museum enters 3rd year of disuse