January 15, 2003 10:00am
Anti-Semitic, pro-Palestinian comments from the European Central Bank president’s wife are nothing new — but some say Gretta Duisenberg went too far this time.
December 9, 2002 10:00am
Dutch politicians are debating whether to block an Islamic group, the Arab European League, from establishing branches in Holland.
June 24, 2002 9:00am
Palestinian flag sales are booming in the Netherlands as pro-Palestinian groups prepare for a “National Palestinian Flag Day,” the latest development in a flag war that began on a quiet Amsterdam street.
November 6, 2001 10:00am
AMSTERDAM, Nov. 6 (JTA) — Dutch Jewish leaders are working to devise programs and responses to counter a sobering demographic survey of the Jewish community, the first one conducted in 35 years. On a recent Friday morning, Amsterdam’s Jewish Cultural Center was deserted but for four Jewish movers and shakers discussing ways to follow up…
October 30, 2001 10:00am
AMSTERDAM, Oct. 30 (JTA) — The first demographic survey of Dutch Jewry in 35 years has yielded some sobering results. According to the survey, more than two-thirds of Dutch Jews are unmarried at 30, more than twice the rate among the general population. In some age brackets, the rate of divorce among Jews is double…
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- American Airlines to cancel flights to Israel
- Natalie Portman says Jewish community is too focused on the Holocaust
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- The Reform movement’s new holiday prayer book is radically inclusive
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew