January 15, 2003 10:00am
Anti-Semitic, pro-Palestinian comments from the European Central Bank president’s wife are nothing new — but some say Gretta Duisenberg went too far this time.
December 9, 2002 10:00am
Dutch politicians are debating whether to block an Islamic group, the Arab European League, from establishing branches in Holland.
August 28, 2002 9:00am
In an apparent swipe at Israeli settlement policy, Holland may cut pensions for Dutch seniors who have moved to Israel but live beyond the state’s pre-1967 borders.
June 24, 2002 9:00am
Palestinian flag sales are booming in the Netherlands as pro-Palestinian groups prepare for a “National Palestinian Flag Day,” the latest development in a flag war that began on a quiet Amsterdam street.
November 6, 2001 10:00am
AMSTERDAM, Nov. 6 (JTA) Dutch Jewish leaders are working to devise programs and responses to counter a sobering demographic survey of the Jewish community, the first one conducted in 35 years. On a recent Friday morning, Amsterdam’s Jewish Cultural Center was deserted but for four Jewish movers and shakers discussing ways to follow up…
October 30, 2001 10:00am
AMSTERDAM, Oct. 30 (JTA) The first demographic survey of Dutch Jewry in 35 years has yielded some sobering results. According to the survey, more than two-thirds of Dutch Jews are unmarried at 30, more than twice the rate among the general population. In some age brackets, the rate of divorce among Jews is double…
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Iran’s supreme leader warns world powers against pressuring his country
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition
- Leonard Cohen memorial concert in Montreal to feature Sting, Elvis Costello
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- St. Louis synagogue opens doors to protesters against police shooting