January 15, 2003 10:00am
Anti-Semitic, pro-Palestinian comments from the European Central Bank president’s wife are nothing new — but some say Gretta Duisenberg went too far this time.
December 9, 2002 10:00am
Dutch politicians are debating whether to block an Islamic group, the Arab European League, from establishing branches in Holland.
August 28, 2002 9:00am
In an apparent swipe at Israeli settlement policy, Holland may cut pensions for Dutch seniors who have moved to Israel but live beyond the state’s pre-1967 borders.
June 24, 2002 9:00am
Palestinian flag sales are booming in the Netherlands as pro-Palestinian groups prepare for a “National Palestinian Flag Day,” the latest development in a flag war that began on a quiet Amsterdam street.
November 6, 2001 10:00am
AMSTERDAM, Nov. 6 (JTA) Dutch Jewish leaders are working to devise programs and responses to counter a sobering demographic survey of the Jewish community, the first one conducted in 35 years. On a recent Friday morning, Amsterdam’s Jewish Cultural Center was deserted but for four Jewish movers and shakers discussing ways to follow up…
October 30, 2001 10:00am
AMSTERDAM, Oct. 30 (JTA) The first demographic survey of Dutch Jewry in 35 years has yielded some sobering results. According to the survey, more than two-thirds of Dutch Jews are unmarried at 30, more than twice the rate among the general population. In some age brackets, the rate of divorce among Jews is double…
- Some 30 Jewish institutions across US targeted in second wave of bomb threats
- Popular neo-Nazi blogger resigns over revelation his wife is Jewish
- Obama: UN vote did not cause ‘major rupture’ in US-Israel relations
- At the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, a virtual encounter with a Syrian refugee
- 5 Jewish Democrats among 60 from House who plan to skip Trump inaugural