December 4, 2009 8:57pm
The producer of “Everybody Loves Raymond” and Dreamworks TV are producing a reality television series set at Jerusalem’s Shaare Zedek Hospital.
December 4, 2009 8:25pm
Iran says it will only do the minimum required to cooperate with the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog agency.
December 4, 2009 8:02pm
President Obama has extended a waiver for an additional six months delaying the move of the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
December 4, 2009 3:28am
The NJDC’s Ira Forman, in the Huffington Post, suggests that Jews have much more important fish to fry than worrying about the number of invitations to the White House Chanukah party. That didn’t stop Politico from taking its own look at the mishegoss surrounding the fact that the party will include a tiny 400-person guest…
December 4, 2009 3:09am
House Democratic leaders say they want to pass an Iranian sanctions bill this month. Reports Politico: “I intend to pass the bill by the end of this year,” [Rep. Howard] Berman, chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, told POLITICO. His bill has 339 co-sponsors in the House, and it might be taken up under…
December 3, 2009 10:44pm
The most significant Jewish political story of the day is the news that an African American politician might be challenging a first-term African American incumbent in a majority African American congressional district near Washington. That’s because the race has the potential to become a proxy war between J Street and supporters of more traditional pro-Israel…
December 3, 2009 8:45pm
Orthodox leaders commended and Reform leaders condemned the New York State Senate’s vote to defeat a measure legalizing same-sex marriage.
December 3, 2009 4:05am
A Jewish governor has been named chairman of the Democratic Governors Association. Delaware Gov. Jack Markell was named to the position Wednesday. The National Jewish Democratic Council, of course, was very pleased with the announcement. Its statement congratulating Markell is after the jump:[[READMORE]] Marc R. Stanley, Chairman of the National Jewish Democratic Council (NJDC), released…
December 3, 2009 3:42am
Lara Friedman of Americans for Peace Now says a "Dear Colleague" letter from Reps. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) and Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) urging President Obama to back military aid to Israel wrongly implies that he doesn’t support it. The National Jewish Democratic Council’s David Harris takes on critics of the president’s anti-Semitism envoy, Hannah Rosenthal. Lisa…
December 3, 2009 3:11am
Longtime pro-Israel blogger Charles Johnson of the popular Little Green Footballs site has "parted ways with the Right" and writes that he can be called an independent. In a post on his blog earlier this week, Johnson, a critic of radical Islam, wrote that among his reasons was "anti-Islamic bigotry that goes far beyond simply…
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Israeli Embassy guard in Jordan kills assailant, bystander after being stabbed with screwdriver
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- Netanyahu does ‘not have a plan for peace,’ Gillibrand says
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Philadelphia 76ers draft pick to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv