November 30, 2009 9:16pm
Both Washington Post columnist Jackson Diehl and Johns Hopkins professor Fouad Ajami, in the Wall Street Journal, have op-eds Monday on the Arab world’s dissatisfaction with President Obama. Diehl’s piece focuses on the failure of the adminstration to support Arab reformers: Arab reformers, who for most of this decade have been trying to break down…
November 30, 2009 12:35am
Several Jewish groups are mobilizing to fight a controversial measure in health reform legislation that would have the effect of eliminating insurance coverage for abortion for millions of women.
November 29, 2009 4:23pm
The American Jewish World Service is calling on the U.S. Trade Representative to take measures that would aid small farmers in developing countries.
November 29, 2009 4:15pm
Federal prosecutors have dropped all immigration charges against Sholom Rubashkin.
November 29, 2009 4:09pm
Iran has frozen the bank accounts and seized the Nobel Peace Prize medal of an Iranian human rights activist.
November 29, 2009 4:00pm
An Israeli government minister called the Obama administration “horrible.”
November 29, 2009 3:43pm
A health clinic in Ethiopia run by the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee has reopened.
November 29, 2009 3:39pm
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak suspended all permits for building projects in Israeli settlements, but also approved plans for the construction of 28 public buildings.
November 26, 2009 7:50pm
The date of a special election in Florida to fill the seat of a prominent Jewish congressman was changed because it fell on the last day of Passover.
November 26, 2009 2:47am
The special election to replace Rep. Robert Wexler (D-Fla.) has been rescheduled to avoid a conflict with the final day of Passover. Florida Gov. Charlie Crist (R) announced Wednesday that the election would be delayed a week — from April 6 to April 13, 2010. The change comes a couple days after the group Shalom…
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
OpinionThe US anti-BDS bill may be bad, but not as bad as some critics say
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros. announces
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’