August 1, 2011 8:10pm
Countering an argument in a JTA Op-Ed that Jews can’t have it both ways — insist that tikkun olam and social justice are central to the faith and also embrace serious Jewish education and Jewish practice — Reform leader Rabbi Eric Yoffie says we can, and we must.
July 26, 2010 9:05pm
The ugly spat between Diaspora Jews and Israel over a controversial conversion bill produced a sorry spectacle that tarnished the image of the Jewish state at a time when Israel hardly needs more bad PR, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
February 2, 2009 7:54pm
The Simon Wiesenthal Center is betraying Israeli values and interests in building a museum on a centuries-old Muslim cemetery in Jerusalem, says the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Why Jews from Libya are worried about the fate of the country’s Jewish artifacts
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue