August 1, 2011 8:10pm
Countering an argument in a JTA Op-Ed that Jews can’t have it both ways — insist that tikkun olam and social justice are central to the faith and also embrace serious Jewish education and Jewish practice — Reform leader Rabbi Eric Yoffie says we can, and we must.
July 26, 2010 9:05pm
The ugly spat between Diaspora Jews and Israel over a controversial conversion bill produced a sorry spectacle that tarnished the image of the Jewish state at a time when Israel hardly needs more bad PR, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
February 2, 2009 7:54pm
The Simon Wiesenthal Center is betraying Israeli values and interests in building a museum on a centuries-old Muslim cemetery in Jerusalem, says the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
- French Jews are worried about Le Pen. Now another presidential candidate scares them, too.
- From a ‘La La Land’ lyricist and other Broadway talent, a political Passover ‘musical’
- How an Israeli model became a Melania Trump impersonator
WatchAlbert Einstein was a sex magnet? 4 surprising facts about the Jewish genius
- Zara removes skirt with image resembling Pepe the Frog from shelves
- Citing anti-Semitism, Democratic lawmakers urge Trump to fire aide Sebastian Gorka
- US charges teen arrested in Israel for JCC bomb threats
- French Jewish leader: Our country’s democracy is in ‘real danger’
- Trump’s Middle East policy is ‘welcome change,’ Netanyahu tells visiting US defense secretary
- Brazilian Jews to teach about Holocaust at school that hung swastika flags in classroom
- Hungary’s controversial $22 million Holocaust museum enters 3rd year of disuse