August 1, 2011 8:10pm
Countering an argument in a JTA Op-Ed that Jews can’t have it both ways — insist that tikkun olam and social justice are central to the faith and also embrace serious Jewish education and Jewish practice — Reform leader Rabbi Eric Yoffie says we can, and we must.
July 26, 2010 9:05pm
The ugly spat between Diaspora Jews and Israel over a controversial conversion bill produced a sorry spectacle that tarnished the image of the Jewish state at a time when Israel hardly needs more bad PR, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
February 2, 2009 7:54pm
The Simon Wiesenthal Center is betraying Israeli values and interests in building a museum on a centuries-old Muslim cemetery in Jerusalem, says the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews
- Italian synagogue damaged in severe storm