August 1, 2011 8:10pm
Countering an argument in a JTA Op-Ed that Jews can’t have it both ways — insist that tikkun olam and social justice are central to the faith and also embrace serious Jewish education and Jewish practice — Reform leader Rabbi Eric Yoffie says we can, and we must.
July 26, 2010 9:05pm
The ugly spat between Diaspora Jews and Israel over a controversial conversion bill produced a sorry spectacle that tarnished the image of the Jewish state at a time when Israel hardly needs more bad PR, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
February 2, 2009 7:54pm
The Simon Wiesenthal Center is betraying Israeli values and interests in building a museum on a centuries-old Muslim cemetery in Jerusalem, says the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament