June 20, 2002 9:00am
Fifteen non-Jewish Lithuanian girls spend two afternoons a week in a bare, Communist-era classroom learning about a Jewish culture that is all but dead in this tiny Baltic nation.
April 15, 2002 9:00am
A Lithuanian sports association has apologized to the country´s Jewish community for anti-Semitic slogans chanted by fans during a late March basketball game against an Israeli team.
March 27, 2002 10:00am
Jewish leaders from across Eastern Europe remain largely unsatisfied with their governments´ efforts to return communal property and commemorate the Holocaust.
February 24, 2002 10:00am
A recently published book listing the names of Lithuanians who rescued Jews from the Holocaust has sparked a debate between the State Jewish Museum and Lithuanian nationalists.
October 21, 2001 9:00am
VILNIUS, Lithuania, Oct. 21 (JTA) It was 1998, and Dovid Katz was in a tiny Belarussian village recording the personal tales of a frail 79-year-old named Elli Goldfand. After World War II, Goldfand recounted, he returned home to discover he was the town’s only surviving Jew. He visited the local cemetery to recite Kaddish…
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- Tests in 1973 convinced CIA of Uri Geller’s paranormal powers
- Thousands of Jewish protesters join Women’s March targeting Trump’s policies and rhetoric
- All the Jewish stuff happening around the Women’s March
- Jewish groups plan pro-, anti-Trump Shabbat activities in Washington