April 27, 2009 6:59pm
What is now a crisis of economy must not become a crisis of vision. The recent economic downturn gives us a rare opportunity to rethink the way the Jewish community is organized. The extreme contraction of resources, which we believe has only just begun, forces us all to have difficult and often painful conversations about…
April 27, 2009 6:23pm
The executive directors of two major foundations argue that despite the economic downturn the Jewish community must continue to fund innovative startup organizations.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments