May 29, 2007 9:00am
After backing off their initial claims that a fire at Geneva’s largest synagogue was set deliberately, police are still investigating – and community life goes on amid the shock and tension.
February 24, 2004 10:00am
A series of anti-Semitic incidents, coming on the heels of a stepped-up pro-Palestinian campaign on campuses, has caused alarm in Switzerland. The Swiss government is organizing a forum to address the problem.
January 8, 2004 10:00am
Swiss legislators are accusing their government of wasting money and compromising the country´s neutrality by supporting the "Geneva accord," but Swiss Jews are divided on the issue.
July 30, 2003 9:00am
Swiss police have raided the branch office of a pro-Palestinian organization known for its support of terror attacks against Israeli civilians and its boasts of a close relationship with Hamas leaders.
July 13, 2003 9:00am
A Swiss Holocaust denier acted as a liaison between Islamic organizations and European Neo-Nazi groups, he has revealed to JTA. Albert "Ahmed" Huber, a former journalist, has recently been put on the U.N. and E.U. lists of individuals involved i
June 24, 2003 9:00am
Palestinian and left-wing organizations in Switzerland have launched a boycott of Israeli consumer goods and Israeli-owned businesses to protest Israeli policy toward Palestinians.
June 24, 2003 9:00am
Swiss police are investigating an official in an Islamic group who is suspected of channeling money to the Al-Qaida terrorists who killed 21 people in an attack on a synagogue in Tunisia in 2002. Intelligence services have long warned that Islamic organiz
July 9, 2002 9:00am
The president of Switzerland has backtracked on a vow to help Holocaust survivors made by a predecessor, claiming it would not be legally possible.
March 18, 2002 10:00am
Switzerland has decided not to ease a ban on kosher slaughter, but it will guarantee the continued import of kosher meat.
January 30, 2002 10:00am
Switzerland´s Jewish community is gearing up for a fight with an animal rights group that wants to bar Jewish ritual slaughter.
- Jake Tapper and Linda Sarsour mixed it up on Twitter. And it wasn’t about Jews. Or was it?
- Granddaughter of Holocaust survivors removed Auschwitz relics to use for art project
- ACLU urges senators to oppose bill targeting Israel boycotts
- Prince William and Kate visit former Nazi camp Stutthof in Poland
- Uganda’s Jews are down to one meal a day because of East Africa’s famine
- Director Ken Loach vows ‘every penny’ his new film makes in Israel will go to Palestinians
- City Council candidate ‘cares about’ Jews, compares them to Germans who enabled the Nazis
- Four times John McCain went maverick with his Jewish friends
- Christian Zionists still uncertain about Trump — but know they’re glad Obama is out
- A new play tells the story of mikvah-peeping rabbi Barry Freundel
SponsoredWhy you might find bacon flavors next time you go to a kosher restaurant