May 29, 2007 9:00am
After backing off their initial claims that a fire at Geneva’s largest synagogue was set deliberately, police are still investigating – and community life goes on amid the shock and tension.
February 24, 2004 10:00am
A series of anti-Semitic incidents, coming on the heels of a stepped-up pro-Palestinian campaign on campuses, has caused alarm in Switzerland. The Swiss government is organizing a forum to address the problem.
January 8, 2004 10:00am
Swiss legislators are accusing their government of wasting money and compromising the country´s neutrality by supporting the "Geneva accord," but Swiss Jews are divided on the issue.
July 30, 2003 9:00am
Swiss police have raided the branch office of a pro-Palestinian organization known for its support of terror attacks against Israeli civilians and its boasts of a close relationship with Hamas leaders.
July 13, 2003 9:00am
A Swiss Holocaust denier acted as a liaison between Islamic organizations and European Neo-Nazi groups, he has revealed to JTA. Albert "Ahmed" Huber, a former journalist, has recently been put on the U.N. and E.U. lists of individuals involved i
June 24, 2003 9:00am
Swiss police are investigating an official in an Islamic group who is suspected of channeling money to the Al-Qaida terrorists who killed 21 people in an attack on a synagogue in Tunisia in 2002. Intelligence services have long warned that Islamic organiz
June 24, 2003 9:00am
Palestinian and left-wing organizations in Switzerland have launched a boycott of Israeli consumer goods and Israeli-owned businesses to protest Israeli policy toward Palestinians.
July 9, 2002 9:00am
The president of Switzerland has backtracked on a vow to help Holocaust survivors made by a predecessor, claiming it would not be legally possible.
March 18, 2002 10:00am
Switzerland has decided not to ease a ban on kosher slaughter, but it will guarantee the continued import of kosher meat.
January 30, 2002 10:00am
Switzerland´s Jewish community is gearing up for a fight with an animal rights group that wants to bar Jewish ritual slaughter.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Iran’s supreme leader warns world powers against pressuring his country
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition
- Leonard Cohen memorial concert in Montreal to feature Sting, Elvis Costello
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- St. Louis synagogue opens doors to protesters against police shooting