March 3, 2008 10:00am
A new study showing that Americans are switching religions more than ever proves that U.S. Jewry needs a new strategy, says Gary Tobin.
November 5, 2007 10:00am
North American federations embody the ideas of community, common cause and the ability to respond to collective concerns. But the current system is becoming unglued and changes need to be made, Gary Tobin, a longtime federation consultant, writes in the f
October 16, 2007 9:00am
It is wrong to assume that foundations established by Jews that give to secular causes have lost their way. Jews are involved global citizens and many feel they can express their Jewish sensibilities by serving the larger society.
February 14, 2007 10:00am
Instead of fighting to prevent intermarriage, the Jewish community should be promoting the joys, meaning and benefits of Jewish life, vigorously promoting conversion, Gary Tobin writes.
September 19, 2006 9:00am
Past donations show that wealthy American Jews have no problem parting with tens or hundreds of millions of dollars at a time. But why don’t they give more to Jewish causes? Gary Tobin asks.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- James Franco has bar mitzvah at 37
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Palestinian teen in Jerusalem stabs Jewish man, he shoots her
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah