March 29, 2004 10:00am
For South African Jews, Passover of 2004 falls at a time when the symbols of oppression and liberation embedded in the Haggadah resonate particularly strongly as their nation celebrates a decade of democracy.
December 28, 2003 10:00am
For Tova Herzl, the outgoing Israeli ambassador to South Africa, the line between diplomatic incident and personal tragedy is very thin.
December 10, 2003 10:00am
A South African Jew is trying to build stronger ties between the local Jewish and Greek communities, based on shared interests.
- French Jews are worried about Le Pen. Now another presidential candidate scares them, too.
- From a ‘La La Land’ lyricist and other Broadway talent, a political Passover ‘musical’
- How an Israeli model became a Melania Trump impersonator
WatchAlbert Einstein was a sex magnet? 4 surprising facts about the Jewish genius
- Zara removes skirt with image resembling Pepe the Frog from shelves
- Citing anti-Semitism, Democratic lawmakers urge Trump to fire aide Sebastian Gorka
- US charges teen arrested in Israel for JCC bomb threats
- French Jewish leader: Our country’s democracy is in ‘real danger’
- Trump’s Middle East policy is ‘welcome change,’ Netanyahu tells visiting US defense secretary
- Brazilian Jews to teach about Holocaust at school that hung swastika flags in classroom
- Hungary’s controversial $22 million Holocaust museum enters 3rd year of disuse