March 29, 2004 10:00am
For South African Jews, Passover of 2004 falls at a time when the symbols of oppression and liberation embedded in the Haggadah resonate particularly strongly as their nation celebrates a decade of democracy.
December 28, 2003 10:00am
For Tova Herzl, the outgoing Israeli ambassador to South Africa, the line between diplomatic incident and personal tragedy is very thin.
December 10, 2003 10:00am
A South African Jew is trying to build stronger ties between the local Jewish and Greek communities, based on shared interests.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Philadelphia 76ers draft pick to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv