March 29, 2004 10:00am
For South African Jews, Passover of 2004 falls at a time when the symbols of oppression and liberation embedded in the Haggadah resonate particularly strongly as their nation celebrates a decade of democracy.
December 28, 2003 10:00am
For Tova Herzl, the outgoing Israeli ambassador to South Africa, the line between diplomatic incident and personal tragedy is very thin.
December 10, 2003 10:00am
A South African Jew is trying to build stronger ties between the local Jewish and Greek communities, based on shared interests.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire primary, makes Jewish history
- Ted Cruz campaign defends pastor who said God will send hunters for Jews
- Jewish day schools in 2 US cities receive threatening phone calls
- Op-Ed: I’m not your mitzvah project
- Did Bernie Sanders just steal Joe Lieberman’s Jewish crown?
- Mayim Bialik puts Jewish modesty aside, flashes Piers Morgan