February 26, 2015 1:25pm
Two leaders of the progressive Zionist group Ameinu write that the Israeli prime minister’s insistence on addressing Congress is an attempt to gain an edge in upcoming Israeli elections.
April 30, 2010 12:46am
Without Congress taking a leadership role on immigration, other states will follow Arizona’s suit, so the Jewish community must stand together in defense of immigrants because once we were strangers, too, the president of HIAS writes.
September 1, 2008 9:00am
Gideon Aronoff, the president and CEO of HIAS, rejects claims that immigration has hurt American workers.
May 18, 2008 9:00am
As Jews, it is our obligation to advocate for fair treatment of the 390 detainees in Postville and the millions of other undocumented workers nationally, who are “strangers in a strange land,” HIAS President Gideon Aronoff writes.
April 1, 2008 9:00am
The CEO of HIAS draws on the upcoming holiday of Passover to defend the American Jewish community’s support for immigration.
April 1, 2007 9:00am
Essential guidance for the debate over this country’s immigration policies comes from a core teaching of the annual retelling of the Passover story – that we must treat “the stranger,” the resident alien or immigrant, with compassion and love.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews
- Italian synagogue damaged in severe storm