April 9, 2013 2:27pm
Mike Engelman, who is suspected of selling non-kosher food from his Doheny Glatt Kosher Meat Market in Los Angeles, is being sued.
April 9, 2013 1:54pm
Eleven mezuzahs were set afire in a residential building in Brooklyn in an incident that New York City police are treating as a hate crime.
April 8, 2013 2:50pm
Garry Kasparov, a former Russian chess grandmaster who became a political activist, will receive a human rights award from UN Watch.
April 4, 2013 8:59pm
Kosher industry insiders say scandals like the one that rocked the Los Angeles Jewish community before Passover don’t happen often. But when they do, the trust of a whole community is shaken. JTA’s Gil Shefler reports.
April 4, 2013 8:35pm
Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters, who supports the boycott movement against Israel, pulled out of a speaking engagement at the 92nd Street Y in New York.
April 4, 2013 7:31pm
Imagine a world where Anne Frank, the teenage diarist murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust, lived to win the Nobel Prize for her 12th novel; where Martin Luther King, the slain civil rights activist, was still around to lead immigration reform and Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin was not killed by the bullets of…
April 4, 2013 7:01pm
The student government of the University of California, Riverside, rescinded a decision to divest from Israel.
April 4, 2013 12:45pm
L.A. businessman Shlomo Rechnitz bought a kosher supermarket in Los Angeles that is suspected of mislabeling its meat.
March 24, 2013 7:08pm
During the reign of the late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez, thousands of Jews fled abroad — many of them to the greater Miami area. JTA’s Gil Shefler reports.
March 21, 2013 4:13pm
Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters took partial credit for Stevie Wonder’s decision to pull out of performing at a Friends of Israel Defense Forces event.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
- Watch Israeli soldiers rescue a ‘sinking ship’ in a live simulation
- Israeli Embassy guard in Jordan kills assailant, bystander after being stabbed with screwdriver
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- Netanyahu does ‘not have a plan for peace,’ Kirsten Gillibrand says
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Oldest synagogue in the Americas is only non-Christian site to join Brazilian religious tourism project