April 9, 2013 2:27pm
Mike Engelman, who is suspected of selling non-kosher food from his Doheny Glatt Kosher Meat Market in Los Angeles, is being sued.
April 9, 2013 1:54pm
Eleven mezuzahs were set afire in a residential building in Brooklyn in an incident that New York City police are treating as a hate crime.
April 8, 2013 2:50pm
Garry Kasparov, a former Russian chess grandmaster who became a political activist, will receive a human rights award from UN Watch.
April 4, 2013 8:59pm
Kosher industry insiders say scandals like the one that rocked the Los Angeles Jewish community before Passover don’t happen often. But when they do, the trust of a whole community is shaken. JTA’s Gil Shefler reports.
April 4, 2013 8:35pm
Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters, who supports the boycott movement against Israel, pulled out of a speaking engagement at the 92nd Street Y in New York.
April 4, 2013 7:31pm
Imagine a world where Anne Frank, the teenage diarist murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust, lived to win the Nobel Prize for her 12th novel; where Martin Luther King, the slain civil rights activist, was still around to lead immigration reform and Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin was not killed by the bullets of…
April 4, 2013 7:01pm
The student government of the University of California, Riverside, rescinded a decision to divest from Israel.
April 4, 2013 12:45pm
L.A. businessman Shlomo Rechnitz bought a kosher supermarket in Los Angeles that is suspected of mislabeling its meat.
March 24, 2013 7:08pm
During the reign of the late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez, thousands of Jews fled abroad — many of them to the greater Miami area. JTA’s Gil Shefler reports.
March 21, 2013 4:13pm
Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters took partial credit for Stevie Wonder’s decision to pull out of performing at a Friends of Israel Defense Forces event.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Mitchell Flint, US fighter pilot who helped create Israeli Air Force, dies at 94
- Borough Park man indicted in prostitute scheme to intimidate abuse victim
- Jewish Agency volunteers help Mexico recover from earthquake
- Israeli student spray-painted graffiti on Auschwitz wall
- Israel shoots down Hezbollah drone with Patriot missile