February 5, 2013 6:11pm
The Israel Action Network released a new manual aimed at fighting the delegitimization of Israel.
February 4, 2013 8:50pm
Recently published documents suggest that Hugo Chavez’s intelligence agency has been spying on local Jews, who are portrayed as part of an American-Israeli nexus aimed at destabilizing Venezuela’s Bolivarian revolution. JTA’s Gil Shefler reports.
February 1, 2013 7:03pm
The Russian-American Jewish community will honor the late New York City mayor Ed Koch at an upcoming event.
January 31, 2013 1:53pm
Venezuela’s secret service, SEBIN, is spying on the country’s Jewish community, according to leaked documents said to be from the spy agency.
January 29, 2013 4:19pm
More than a dozen Israeli salesmen working at two shopping malls in Houston are facing deportation for overstaying their visas.
January 29, 2013 3:53pm
The Spertus Institute in Chicago has a new name and a revamped mission.
January 29, 2013 11:40am
The pro-Israel group AMCHA Initiative claimed that Jewish students at the University of California, Davis were abused and threatened at a pro-Palestinian protest on campus.
January 28, 2013 8:15pm
Rupert Murdoch, whose News Corp. owns the Sunday Times of London through a subsidiary, said the paper should apologize for printing what he called a “grotesque” cartoon of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
January 25, 2013 3:54pm
Two Jewish groups launched a joint initiative promoting environmentally friendly living on Tu b’Shvat, Jewish Arbor Day.
January 22, 2013 4:35pm
The Jewish communities of Borough Park and Williamsburg in Brooklyn have accounted for two-thirds of the 10 percent increase in Jewish population in the New York area over the last decade, a UJA-Federation of New York survey reveals.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack