December 9, 2008 5:42pm
The leader of a far-right Russian movement was hospitalized after being beaten.
December 5, 2008 8:53pm
The Russian Orthodox patriarch who became one of the first major religious Christian voices to call for an end to anti-Semitism in Russia, Alexy II, has died.
December 4, 2008 9:19pm
Russia called on Israel to end its blockade of Gaza and allow aid to reach the isolated strip.
December 4, 2008 9:04pm
A Moscow court convicted seven members of a skinhead gang for their roles in 20 murders and 12 assaults.
December 4, 2008 8:52pm
A Russian Jewish umbrella organization lauded Russian law enforcement for its efforts to catch perpetrators of hate crimes.
December 3, 2008 11:57pm
Three teenagers attacked an award-winning Jewish musician in the Moscow subway.
December 3, 2008 11:55pm
One of Russia’s most respected daily newspapers has filed suit against a Russian-language publishing house in Israel.
December 2, 2008 10:21pm
Demonstrators at an anti-immigration march in Russia shouted anti-Semitic slogans.
December 2, 2008 7:44pm
Officials in a central Russian city arrested a suspect in a synagogue arson case.
December 2, 2008 7:42pm
A judge in Moscow ordered an extremist weekly newspaper with an anti-Semitic past to stop publishing.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- 2017 Emmy Awards: On a historic night for diversity, ‘SNL’ quietly wins big
- In Belarus, some Jews don’t mind a dictator
WatchWatch Trump’s High Holidays greeting
OpinionYom Kippur is a reminder of the awesome, and awful, power of words
- Outreach services for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur expected to reach 70,000 Israelis