December 9, 2008 5:42pm
The leader of a far-right Russian movement was hospitalized after being beaten.
December 5, 2008 8:53pm
The Russian Orthodox patriarch who became one of the first major religious Christian voices to call for an end to anti-Semitism in Russia, Alexy II, has died.
December 4, 2008 9:19pm
Russia called on Israel to end its blockade of Gaza and allow aid to reach the isolated strip.
December 4, 2008 9:04pm
A Moscow court convicted seven members of a skinhead gang for their roles in 20 murders and 12 assaults.
December 4, 2008 8:52pm
A Russian Jewish umbrella organization lauded Russian law enforcement for its efforts to catch perpetrators of hate crimes.
December 3, 2008 11:57pm
Three teenagers attacked an award-winning Jewish musician in the Moscow subway.
December 3, 2008 11:55pm
One of Russia’s most respected daily newspapers has filed suit against a Russian-language publishing house in Israel.
December 2, 2008 10:21pm
Demonstrators at an anti-immigration march in Russia shouted anti-Semitic slogans.
December 2, 2008 7:44pm
Officials in a central Russian city arrested a suspect in a synagogue arson case.
December 2, 2008 7:42pm
A judge in Moscow ordered an extremist weekly newspaper with an anti-Semitic past to stop publishing.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv among world’s top 40 cities, travel magazine readers say
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- Curt Schilling asks CNN’s Jake Tapper why Jews back Democrats
- Jewish plus-size model shocks German viewers with anorexia photos
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary