October 14, 2010 10:21pm
In his first public writing since leaving office in 2009, Howard Rieger, the former president and CEO of the United Jewish Communities (now known as the Jewish Federations of North America), offers a stern warning for the system that he left behind. Rieger writes: I recently attended the funeral in Baltimore for a close friend,…
January 19, 2009 11:36pm
Even if the missiles stop, the pain and suffering for Israelis in the South will not end and the less obvious, more long-term human toll will need our attention for some time to come, says the president of the United Jewish Communities.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments