August 29, 2005 9:00am
Harvey Stein had a dream: Provide Jews at the United States Naval Academy with their own worship space. Nine years and almost $9 million later, his dream will become a reality, with the opening of the Uriah P. Levy Center and Jewish Chapel.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments