June 5, 2008 9:00am
A judge declared a mistrial in the case of the gunman who shot up the offices of this city’s Jewish federation. The King County prosecutor vowed to retry Naveed Haq, 32, who claimed he was not guilty by reason of insanity.
May 1, 2008 9:00am
Prosecutors wrapped up their case against Naveed Haq in the 2006 shooting at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, and the defense began with testimony from the Naq’s mother.
April 23, 2008 9:00am
The final victim of the Seattle federation shooting sobs on the stand during the trial of the man accused of committing the crime nearly two years ago.
April 18, 2008 9:00am
The trial of a gunman who killed one person and injured several others in July 2006 at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle opened.
April 7, 2008 9:00am
Both the defense and prosecution are facing challenges as the trial is about to start for the man accused of shooting up the Jewish federation in Seattle in 2006.
August 3, 2006 9:00am
Family and friends remembered Pam Waechter, killed in the Seattle federation shooting, as a genuine woman of boundless energy.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- Auschwitz ‘showers’ for tourists cool off some, offend others
- The top 13 Jewish newsmakers of 5775
- Why some public school parents are switching to Jewish day schools
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew