December 4, 2012 7:26pm
Bringing in a Jewish COO is the latest step for the Ford Motor Co. after the company had made strides over the years to get past the anti-Semitism of its founder and dealings with the Nazis, Jason Miller writes.
August 2, 2012 2:07pm
Showtime’s “Weeds” series, in its final season, has been weaving esoteric Jewish concepts into its plots. Here are the top Jewish references.
May 8, 2012 7:16pm
Author and illustrator Maurice Sendak, who gained fame for “Where the Wild Things Are” and other books, was inspired by his father’s nightly bedtime stories drawn from the Torah.
March 19, 2012 8:50pm
The focus on Jewish identity building has obscured what some say is a less-touted benefit of the Jewish overnight camp experience that should also be a draw for Jewish parents: affording their kids a measure of freedom from intensive parenting.
February 10, 2012 3:30pm
More than 65 years ago, Evan Kaufmann’s great-grandparents were murdered in the Auschwitz concentration camp. Now he is taking the ice for the German national hockey team.
January 20, 2012 4:24pm
Two Jewish day schools are leading the charge in putting Apple’s iPad to use in classrooms.
December 13, 2011 1:52pm
I had never heard of the reality TV cooking show "Chef Roble and Co." when a friend texted Sunday night and ordered me to turn on the Bravo channel. As my wife flipped through 400 cable channels trying to find Bravo for the first time, I quickly did a web search to figure out why…
November 10, 2011 5:05pm
Lisa Mark Lis, a suburban Detroit-based community activist and philanthropist, in her Friday morning e-mail posts to friends and family not only wishes her readers a “Shabbat Shalom,” but she often has a celebrity extend their wishes, too. President Obama and the first lady have been among those sending along their Sabbath greetings.
October 18, 2011 3:44pm
Robert Downey Jr. at an awards ceremony in Los Angeles urged the Hollywood community to forgive Mel Gibson for his recent troubles.
October 6, 2011 4:14pm
Reflecting on a technology icon’s contribution to Jewish life and learning.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
- Israeli Embassy guard in Jordan kills assailant, bystander after being stabbed with screwdriver
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros. announces
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’