February 29, 2016 3:42pm
(JTA) — In her victory speech after the Nevada primaries, Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton said it’s time to invest in marginalized communities by “ensuring that people with disabilities have the same opportunities to work and fully participate in our society.” That may seem like the standard campaign rhetoric of a serious presidential candidate, but what…
February 2, 2016 3:31pm
Any Israeli who says there’s no place for non-Orthodox Jews in Israel can no longer claim to be speaking for more than a sliver of Israelis, a new poll shows.
August 27, 2015 3:50pm
If there ever was a time for leaders to step up to the plate and help their synagogues become more welcoming, it’s during the Days of Awe, writes Jay Ruderman.
March 5, 2015 3:12pm
It’s time for mega-donors to embrace an ethic of accountability by inviting the Jewish community into the decision-making process, the president of the Ruderman Family Foundation writes.
March 3, 2014 6:15pm
For Americans, national identity goes hand in hand with citizenship, whereas Israelis have a different understanding, write Yedidia Z. Stern and Jay Ruderman.
October 28, 2010 12:45am
The Jewish community must tackle Jewish continuity head-on by ensuring that Jews with special needs have a place to live, learn and work within our communities, writes the president of The Ruderman Family Foundation.
- 300 Jewish leaders sign letter rejecting ‘baseless accusations’ against Rep. Keith Ellison
- Pendant uncovered at Sobibor may have belonged to teen relative of Anne Frank
- Amazon employee fired after anti-Semitic note found in Jewish customer’s package
- Kerry reassures Netanyahu that Paris peace meeting will not lead to more UN action
- Boxing rabbi Yuri Foreman loses title bout
- ADL jumps to Rep. Lewis’ defense after Trump tweet