August 27, 2015 3:50pm
If there ever was a time for leaders to step up to the plate and help their synagogues become more welcoming, it’s during the Days of Awe, writes Jay Ruderman.
March 5, 2015 3:12pm
It’s time for mega-donors to embrace an ethic of accountability by inviting the Jewish community into the decision-making process, the president of the Ruderman Family Foundation writes.
March 3, 2014 6:15pm
For Americans, national identity goes hand in hand with citizenship, whereas Israelis have a different understanding, write Yedidia Z. Stern and Jay Ruderman.
October 28, 2010 12:45am
The Jewish community must tackle Jewish continuity head-on by ensuring that Jews with special needs have a place to live, learn and work within our communities, writes the president of The Ruderman Family Foundation.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament