May 26, 2016 12:22pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — In Israel, when the two-minute siren sounds at 11 a.m. on Yom Hazikaron, the Jewish state’s Memorial Day, the nation comes to a halt. As we saw just two weeks ago, cars on streets and highways pull over, and drivers and passengers get out of their vehicles to stand and observe…
December 13, 2015 3:29pm
The president and CEO of the Jewish Federations of North America explains why he takes umbrage at the rebuke of a minister for visiting a non-Orthodox day school.
November 4, 2014 12:21pm
The Jewish Federations of North America’s annual confab will showcase 50 ideas, providing representatives the opportunity to gather ideas, share stories and question colleagues, two JFNA leaders write.
March 11, 2014 1:55pm
The Jewish community is mobilizing a coordinated response to the BDS threat, write Jerry Silverman of the Jewish Federations of North America and Steve Gutow of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs.
August 10, 2011 8:04pm
Empowered by knowledge, all Jews can all play a role in fighting terrorism and creating a more secure environment across the American Jewish community, writes the president and CEO of The Jewish Federations of North America.
September 8, 2010 2:25pm
Speaking on behalf of the vast majority of North American Jewry, the Jewish Federations of North America actively opposed the Israeli conversion bill on the grounds that it would have hurt Jewish unity worldwide, writes the CEO of the Jewish Federations.
September 24, 2009 10:00pm
The Jewish Federations of North America must do more to engage younger people, no matter their giving levels, writes the new president and CEO of UJC, the federation umbrella group.
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- Jenna Jameson fires back at David Duke claim that Jews dominate porn
- ‘Alt-right’ leader Richard Spencer: ‘Heil Trump’ at supremacist event was fun, exuberance
- Brooklyn mother who lost 7 children in house fire plans to build family center on site
- Foundation of Jared Kushner’s parents donated tens of thousands of dollars to West Bank groups
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
- ‘Birthright for moms’ resonates with world’s small Jewish communities
- Shimon Peres’ son, granddaughter to light Hanukkah candles at White House
- Israel summons Ecuadorean diplomat over UN envoy’s remarks equating Zionism with Nazism