May 26, 2016 12:22pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — In Israel, when the two-minute siren sounds at 11 a.m. on Yom Hazikaron, the Jewish state’s Memorial Day, the nation comes to a halt. As we saw just two weeks ago, cars on streets and highways pull over, and drivers and passengers get out of their vehicles to stand and observe…
December 13, 2015 3:29pm
The president and CEO of the Jewish Federations of North America explains why he takes umbrage at the rebuke of a minister for visiting a non-Orthodox day school.
November 4, 2014 12:21pm
The Jewish Federations of North America’s annual confab will showcase 50 ideas, providing representatives the opportunity to gather ideas, share stories and question colleagues, two JFNA leaders write.
March 11, 2014 1:55pm
The Jewish community is mobilizing a coordinated response to the BDS threat, write Jerry Silverman of the Jewish Federations of North America and Steve Gutow of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs.
August 10, 2011 8:04pm
Empowered by knowledge, all Jews can all play a role in fighting terrorism and creating a more secure environment across the American Jewish community, writes the president and CEO of The Jewish Federations of North America.
September 8, 2010 2:25pm
Speaking on behalf of the vast majority of North American Jewry, the Jewish Federations of North America actively opposed the Israeli conversion bill on the grounds that it would have hurt Jewish unity worldwide, writes the CEO of the Jewish Federations.
September 24, 2009 10:00pm
The Jewish Federations of North America must do more to engage younger people, no matter their giving levels, writes the new president and CEO of UJC, the federation umbrella group.
- Jake Tapper and Linda Sarsour mixed it up on Twitter. And it wasn’t about Jews. Or was it?
- Granddaughter of Holocaust survivors removed Auschwitz relics to use for art project
- Three Israelis killed, one wounded in West Bank stabbing attack
- Uganda’s Jews are down to one meal a day because of East Africa’s famine
- Director Ken Loach vows ‘every penny’ his new film makes in Israel will go to Palestinians
- Jewish Ohio Senate candidate condemns ADL, backs figures on ‘alt-lite’ list
- City Council candidate ‘cares about’ Jews, compares them to Germans who enabled the Nazis
- Jamaica’s first kosher restaurant serves spicy jerk cuisine
- Three Palestinians reported killed in riots over Temple Mount metal detectors
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion