July 9, 2002 9:00am
STAR, a synagogue renewal program with powerful backers such as Edgar Bronfman and Michael Steinhardt, has named Rabbi Hayim Herring of Minneapolis as its first executive director.
June 25, 2002 9:00am
An FBI warning that Al-Qaida might attack Jewish targets with gas trucks inspired widespread concern and heightened security in Jewish communities nationwide this week.
June 20, 2002 9:00am
The Jewish Education Service of North America has opened an “online shop” of teaching materials for Jewish day school educators.
June 18, 2002 9:00am
The Jewish National Fund is distancing itself from a news report that its British counterpart paid President Clinton a total of $400,000 for speaking engagements last year.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair