July 9, 2002 9:00am
STAR, a synagogue renewal program with powerful backers such as Edgar Bronfman and Michael Steinhardt, has named Rabbi Hayim Herring of Minneapolis as its first executive director.
June 25, 2002 9:00am
An FBI warning that Al-Qaida might attack Jewish targets with gas trucks inspired widespread concern and heightened security in Jewish communities nationwide this week.
June 20, 2002 9:00am
The Jewish Education Service of North America has opened an “online shop” of teaching materials for Jewish day school educators.
June 18, 2002 9:00am
The Jewish National Fund is distancing itself from a news report that its British counterpart paid President Clinton a total of $400,000 for speaking engagements last year.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros announces
- Why Jews from Libya are worried about the fate of the country’s Jewish artifacts
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence