February 5, 2015 5:11pm
Jewish vitality doesn’t come from the construction of nicer and larger buildings but from what takes place within them, writes a past national campaign chair for United Jewish Communities.
July 27, 2011 7:57pm
Jews may insist that tikkun olam and social justice are central to the Jewish way of life, but they are increasingly taking the place of serious Jewish education and Jewish practice, and that spells danger for the non-Orthodox movements, writes a former national campaign chair for United Jewish Communities.
January 6, 2011 2:08am
American Jewry is in trouble because for too long it has been overemphasizing what feels good at the expense of what does good for the Jewish people, writes a former national campaign chair for the philanthropy now known as Jewish Federations of North America.
June 15, 2009 7:25pm
Embracing Judaism’s core concepts will bring Jews together, not divide them, writes a former United Jewish Communities official.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair