February 5, 2015 5:11pm
Jewish vitality doesn’t come from the construction of nicer and larger buildings but from what takes place within them, writes a past national campaign chair for United Jewish Communities.
July 27, 2011 7:57pm
Jews may insist that tikkun olam and social justice are central to the Jewish way of life, but they are increasingly taking the place of serious Jewish education and Jewish practice, and that spells danger for the non-Orthodox movements, writes a former national campaign chair for United Jewish Communities.
January 6, 2011 2:08am
American Jewry is in trouble because for too long it has been overemphasizing what feels good at the expense of what does good for the Jewish people, writes a former national campaign chair for the philanthropy now known as Jewish Federations of North America.
June 15, 2009 7:25pm
Embracing Judaism’s core concepts will bring Jews together, not divide them, writes a former United Jewish Communities official.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire primary, makes Jewish history
- Ted Cruz campaign defends pastor who said God will send hunters for Jews
- Jewish day schools in 2 US cities receive threatening phone calls
- Op-Ed: I’m not your mitzvah project
- Why Bernie Sanders isn’t beating Joe Lieberman on Jewish pride
- Mayim Bialik puts Jewish modesty aside, flashes Piers Morgan