February 5, 2015 5:11pm
Jewish vitality doesn’t come from the construction of nicer and larger buildings but from what takes place within them, writes a past national campaign chair for United Jewish Communities.
July 27, 2011 7:57pm
Jews may insist that tikkun olam and social justice are central to the Jewish way of life, but they are increasingly taking the place of serious Jewish education and Jewish practice, and that spells danger for the non-Orthodox movements, writes a former national campaign chair for United Jewish Communities.
January 6, 2011 2:08am
American Jewry is in trouble because for too long it has been overemphasizing what feels good at the expense of what does good for the Jewish people, writes a former national campaign chair for the philanthropy now known as Jewish Federations of North America.
June 15, 2009 7:25pm
Embracing Judaism’s core concepts will bring Jews together, not divide them, writes a former United Jewish Communities official.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- James Franco has bar mitzvah at 37
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Donald Trump gets priestly blessing from Jew for Jesus
- Palestinian teen in Jerusalem stabs Jewish man, he shoots her