February 5, 2015 5:11pm
Jewish vitality doesn’t come from the construction of nicer and larger buildings but from what takes place within them, writes a past national campaign chair for United Jewish Communities.
July 27, 2011 7:57pm
Jews may insist that tikkun olam and social justice are central to the Jewish way of life, but they are increasingly taking the place of serious Jewish education and Jewish practice, and that spells danger for the non-Orthodox movements, writes a former national campaign chair for United Jewish Communities.
January 6, 2011 2:08am
American Jewry is in trouble because for too long it has been overemphasizing what feels good at the expense of what does good for the Jewish people, writes a former national campaign chair for the philanthropy now known as Jewish Federations of North America.
June 15, 2009 7:25pm
Embracing Judaism’s core concepts will bring Jews together, not divide them, writes a former United Jewish Communities official.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- 2017 Emmy Awards: On a historic night for diversity, ‘SNL’ quietly wins big
- In Belarus, some Jews don’t mind a dictator
WatchWatch Trump’s High Holidays greeting
OpinionYom Kippur is a reminder of the awesome, and awful, power of words
- Outreach services for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur expected to reach 70,000 Israelis