May 28, 2009 12:35am
Jonathan Mirvis says two approaches have emerged for Jewish organizations choosing their future steps: “demolition” and radical innovation, and “renovation.” But he wonders, are they the only way?
March 8, 2009 11:46pm
Nonprofit organizations that were totally dependent on philanthropic dollars must change to meet their constituency’s needs or they may find themselves bereft of support, leading to their ultimate extinction, writes Jonathan Mirvis.
January 25, 2009 9:22pm
Journalists in the recent Gaza fighting had no access to an Israeli narrative outside of the one portrayed by the government’s spokesmen, and their reporting reflected their skepticism of the official line, writes Jonathan Mirvis.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Rock legend Phil Lesh gathers musician friends for a Grateful Dead Passover
- As Jews flee Belgium, a seder marks a family exodus
- Actress Lea Michele discovers her Greek-Jewish roots
- Sides swap character attacks in trial over Bay Area’s Koret Foundation
- Ex-mayor of London suspended from Labour for saying Hitler was Zionist
- Palestinians riot as Jewish worshippers visit Joseph’s Tomb
- ADL to Trump: Come up with something other than ‘America First’
- Critical profile of Melania Trump unleashes flood of anti-Semitic abuse on reporter
- Bernie Sanders to lay off ‘hundreds’ of staffers
- Donald Trump: Obama is no friend of Israel
- After weeks of brickbats, Bernie Sanders offers Hillary Clinton a bouquet
- Establishment candidates win Dem Senate nods in Md., Pa.