August 13, 2008 9:00am
A kindergarten in a Kampala slum started last year by Israeli volunteers and headed by a Muslim woman is a godsend for Uganda’s needy and, staffers say, of a piece with 21st century Zionism.
May 1, 2008 9:00am
Maria Amin, 6, was paralyzed two years ago in an Israeli airstrike against an Islamic Jihad terrorist. Cared for in an Israeli hospital at the Israeli government’s expense, the girl and her father want to stay under the care of the Jewish state.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- American Airlines to cancel flights to Israel
- Natalie Portman says Jewish community is too focused on the Holocaust
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- The Reform movement’s new holiday prayer book is radically inclusive
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew