February 18, 2004 10:00am
A recent oleh realizes that by choosing to live in Israel, he excluded America — and has made it harder to maintain ties to the family and friends he left behind.
November 6, 2003 10:00am
A new immigrant thought he was leaving behind the Jewish world´s divisions when he made aliyah, but found out that Israel has its own batch of labels to identify people by their level of religiosity.
October 3, 2003 9:00am
An American immigrant in Israel finds himself forced to define who he is and where he’s headed.
July 28, 2003 9:00am
Despite the challenges Hebrew University has faced over the past year since a deadly bombing shocked the campus — mourning, replacing lost faculty and increasing security — the school is pushing forward and hoping to lure more Americans back.
July 9, 2003 9:00am
"Today we are 330 new olim who stand as one," explains Jonathan Udren, a freelance journalist from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., as he describes his experience as part of a planeload of Jews leaving America behind to make aliyah to Israel.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews
- Italian synagogue damaged in severe storm