February 18, 2004 10:00am
A recent oleh realizes that by choosing to live in Israel, he excluded America — and has made it harder to maintain ties to the family and friends he left behind.
November 6, 2003 10:00am
A new immigrant thought he was leaving behind the Jewish world´s divisions when he made aliyah, but found out that Israel has its own batch of labels to identify people by their level of religiosity.
October 3, 2003 9:00am
An American immigrant in Israel finds himself forced to define who he is and where he’s headed.
July 28, 2003 9:00am
Despite the challenges Hebrew University has faced over the past year since a deadly bombing shocked the campus mourning, replacing lost faculty and increasing security the school is pushing forward and hoping to lure more Americans back.
July 9, 2003 9:00am
"Today we are 330 new olim who stand as one," explains Jonathan Udren, a freelance journalist from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., as he describes his experience as part of a planeload of Jews leaving America behind to make aliyah to Israel.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer