February 18, 2004 10:00am
A recent oleh realizes that by choosing to live in Israel, he excluded America — and has made it harder to maintain ties to the family and friends he left behind.
November 6, 2003 10:00am
A new immigrant thought he was leaving behind the Jewish world´s divisions when he made aliyah, but found out that Israel has its own batch of labels to identify people by their level of religiosity.
October 3, 2003 9:00am
An American immigrant in Israel finds himself forced to define who he is and where he’s headed.
July 28, 2003 9:00am
Despite the challenges Hebrew University has faced over the past year since a deadly bombing shocked the campus — mourning, replacing lost faculty and increasing security — the school is pushing forward and hoping to lure more Americans back.
July 9, 2003 9:00am
"Today we are 330 new olim who stand as one," explains Jonathan Udren, a freelance journalist from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., as he describes his experience as part of a planeload of Jews leaving America behind to make aliyah to Israel.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair