February 18, 2004 10:00am
A recent oleh realizes that by choosing to live in Israel, he excluded America — and has made it harder to maintain ties to the family and friends he left behind.
November 6, 2003 10:00am
A new immigrant thought he was leaving behind the Jewish world´s divisions when he made aliyah, but found out that Israel has its own batch of labels to identify people by their level of religiosity.
October 3, 2003 9:00am
An American immigrant in Israel finds himself forced to define who he is and where he’s headed.
July 28, 2003 9:00am
Despite the challenges Hebrew University has faced over the past year since a deadly bombing shocked the campus mourning, replacing lost faculty and increasing security the school is pushing forward and hoping to lure more Americans back.
July 9, 2003 9:00am
"Today we are 330 new olim who stand as one," explains Jonathan Udren, a freelance journalist from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., as he describes his experience as part of a planeload of Jews leaving America behind to make aliyah to Israel.
- Some 30 Jewish institutions across US targeted in second wave of bomb threats
- Orthodox rabbi’s anti-Trump prayer causes a stir
- This timeline shows Obama’s biggest Jewish moments
- Barbra Streisand, Drake and other Jewish celebs share their thoughts on Trump’s upcoming inauguration
AnalysisJared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and the halacha police
- Donald Trump, taking office, pledges to put ‘America first’
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- 7 unexpected Birthright trips, from yoga to Instagrammed food
- American-Israelis to rally in Tel Aviv in solidarity with DC Women’s March
- 10 stunning Israeli artworks that can be worn as shoes
- Reform movement raises concerns about nominee for ambassador to Israel