August 28, 2013 4:19pm
In an excerpt from the forthcoming book “Free Spirit: Growing Up On the Road and Off the Grid,” Joshua Safran writes about reconsidering his worldview after a seventh-grade assignment: watching the nightly news as homework.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament