August 28, 2013 4:19pm
In an excerpt from the forthcoming book “Free Spirit: Growing Up On the Road and Off the Grid,” Joshua Safran writes about reconsidering his worldview after a seventh-grade assignment: watching the nightly news as homework.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- U.S. preparing to release Jonathan Pollard: Wall Street Journal