December 7, 2012 2:30pm
We are looking for photos of weird, quirky, outlandish, fabulous or otherwise remarkable holiday displays. So send in those shots of menorahs, dreidels or maybe just super-large piles of gelt topped by a Christmas tree. The more, the merrier.
February 9, 2012 7:12pm
Spread the word! JTA is hiring for the following positions: • News Editor (NY) • Reporter (NY) • Foreign Correspondent (overseas) • Israel Correspondent To apply, send an email to the address in the job descriptions below. NO CALLS please. [[READMORE]] JOB DESCRIPTION: News Editor SUMMARY: JTA, the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, is seeking a news editor…
January 13, 2012 4:50pm
To the Editor: I write in response to your story on a report implying that Hadassah Medical Center, owned by Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of American (HWZOA), was late on payments to some of its suppliers. There is actually less to this story than has been alleged. Without context, these allegations are meaningless. It…
November 19, 2010 7:56pm
The American rock group Linkin Park performed in Tel Aviv on Nov. 15, 2010.
November 19, 2010 3:00am
San Francisco-area Jewish organizations condemned a proposed ballot measure to outlaw Jewish ritual circumcision in the city.
November 17, 2010 2:56am
A dispute between right-wing and left-wing Israel activists in Berkeley, Calif., resulted in a physical altercation involving pepper spray, police and paramedics.
May 26, 2010 10:25pm
A Facebook fan page outlining a game called “Beat the Jew” played by students at a Southern California high school has been removed.
May 21, 2010 8:18pm
Moishe Rosen, the founder of the Jews for Jesus movement, died Wednesday at 78 from prostate cancer.
May 21, 2010 7:40pm
A Lithuanian court has ruled that a swastika is part of the country’s historic legacy and not a Nazi symbol.
September 24, 2009 9:12pm
A group of young Jewish leaders outlines its vision for a new relationship between Jewish federations and young Jews.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- Chief Rabbinate telling more and more Israelis they aren’t Jews
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Leonard Cohen memorial concert in Montreal to feature Sting, Elvis Costello
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- St. Louis synagogue opens doors to protesters against police shooting
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Bulgarian Foreign Ministry condemns vandalism in Sofia Jewish cemetery