is the online coordinator for JTA.
August 13, 2013 10:25am
Sam Horowitz of Dallas shows us how to make an entrance. Rule #1: Make sure a troupe of Broadway-style dancers is nearby.
August 1, 2013 3:58pm
Israel agreed to release 104 Palestinian prisoners last week in a bid to help jumpstart peace negotiations. It’s hardly the first time Palestinian prisoners have been released to jumpstart political talks.
July 30, 2013 5:20pm
Ossie Schectman, who scored the first basket in the league that would become the NBA, has died.
July 30, 2013 2:18pm
Like virtually everything associated with the Middle East, pundits disagree over the wisdom of releasing Palestinian prisoners in the name of peace.
July 29, 2013 2:38pm
A new poll confirms what we all know — Jews support abortion rights. But check out the numbers.
July 25, 2013 5:10pm
Can Natalie Portman actually pull off adapting Amos Oz’s sprawling book, “A Tale of Love and Darkness?”
July 25, 2013 2:20pm
Veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas died last week. Thomas had covered every president from Kennedy to Obama and, as many noted, she was frequently the only woman reporter in a room full of men. Often referred to as the dean of the White House press corps, she is credited with breaking the glass ceiling…
July 24, 2013 4:32pm
It could have been worse. After Keith Weissman was trapped in a Justice Department sting in 2004, he lost his job as an analyst at AIPAC, lost his livelihood, lost the pleasures afforded by access to people of influence, lost the horizon of a future. But as a part of a Washington power couple —…
July 24, 2013 4:26pm
Ricky Jay is a preeminent sleight-of-hand magician, historian of magic and oddities, author and actor, but the man with the cards himself is more a mystery. In “Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay,” the magician reveals a bit of himself but more about how he learned all those tricks, along with something…
July 24, 2013 4:18pm
It’s not even 8 o’clock Sunday morning, but members of the Lonsmen, the [Yiddish] word for brotherhood and kinship, already are putting on their black pants, black shirts, black leather jackets and do-rags. We’re not talking Hell’s Angels here. Instead, picture a coed group of predominantly Jewish motorcyclists in their 50s and 60s who also…
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer