April 19, 2015 11:49am
The U.S. ambassador to Poland will be summoned to Poland’s Foreign Ministry, where he will receive a “note of protest and call for an apology.”
April 19, 2015 11:44am
Many of the hundreds on hand wore paper daffodils pinned to their clothes, symbolizing the memory of the uprising.
March 30, 2015 6:40am
The Polish-Jewish humanitarian turned down sanctuary and perished in the Nazi camp with the more than 190 children from his Warsaw Ghetto orphanage.
March 11, 2015 6:23am
Costs are estimated at about $33 million for a project that is expected to take more than a decade to complete.
March 5, 2015 10:58am
The Torah scrolls are originally from Zamosc and Zwierzyniec.
February 22, 2015 7:38am
The synagogue’s owner, a Jewish heritage foundation, had asked the government for most of the $52,000 renovation cost.
February 10, 2015 12:29pm
Frister, who survived the Auschwitz and Mauthausen concentration camps, was a dual Polish and Israeli citizen.
February 2, 2015 7:09am
“Jews for slaughter” and the date 10.12.14 — the day Poland’s Constitutional Tribunal ruled that the ban on ritual slaughter was unconstitutional — were spray-painted in red on the fence.
January 25, 2015 3:30pm
The 1.5 million annual visitors to the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum come and go. But for employees who report daily to one of the world’s most notorious killing fields, the job can be an emotional challenge.
January 21, 2015 9:40am
Simcha Rotem and Pnina Grynszpan Frymer are objecting to the righteous gentiles monument being placed next to the Museum of the History of Polish Jews in the former ghetto.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer