January 28, 2010 2:32am
As part of the coalition government of Lebanon, a non-permanent member of the Security Council for the next two years, the terrorist group and Iranian proxy Hezbollah is represented inside the world body’s most prestigious room, the American Jewish Committee’s communications director writes.
June 11, 2009 8:39pm
With a recent survey showing that 40 percent of Israeli Arabs deny the Holocaust, Arabs and Jews must work in their own communities and together to shoot down the mighty myth, writes the American Jewish Committee’s Kenneth Bandler.
November 19, 1998 10:00am
SAKHNIN, Israel, Nov. 18 (JTA) – Omar Ayadi believes that the path to Jewish-Arab coexistence in Israel is paved with good food. On most weekends, his Peace Tent restaurant is filled to capacity – more than 200 Arabs and Jews, and often some foreign tourists as well, reclining, Bedouin- style, on colorful cushions while feasting…
October 1, 1997 9:00am
NEW YORK, Sept. 30 (JTA) – A key Likud legislator is ready to risk losing his Knesset seat in the name of Jewish unity. Ze’ev Boim says he will vote against conversion legislation even if he cannot convince his Likud colleagues to oppose the measure that has become a central source of friction between Israel…
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- American Airlines to cancel flights to Israel
- Natalie Portman says Jewish community is too focused on the Holocaust
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- The Reform movement’s new holiday prayer book is radically inclusive
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew