August 29, 2005 9:00am
Rabbi Cynthia Culpeper, believed to be the first pulpit rabbi to announce she was diagnosed with AIDS, died after a 10-year battle with the disease.
June 28, 2005 9:00am
The conviction of former Edgar Ray Killen in the murder of three civil rights activists highlights the role played by Jews in the movement.
July 8, 2003 9:00am
A lawyer opposed to a controversial Ten Commandments monument in front of the Alabama Supreme Court has been vindicated by a federal court. The court deemed the monument unconstitutional and asked the chief justice of the state´s Supreme Court to re
July 1, 2002 9:00am
In a development that could further strain black-Jewish relations, U.S. Rep. Earl Hilliard is claiming that out-of-state Jewish money bought his defeat by Artur Davis in Alabama’s Seventh District.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- U.S. preparing to release Jonathan Pollard: Wall Street Journal