Laurel Leff is the author of “Buried by the Times: The Holocaust and America’s Most Important Newspaper” (Cambridge University Press, 2005).
November 13, 2014 11:00am
JTA correspondents were never needed more than during the 12 years of the Hitler regime, often providing the first, and sometimes only, reports on the unfolding Holocaust.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- James Franco has bar mitzvah at 37
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Palestinian teen in Jerusalem stabs Jewish man, he shoots her
- Donald Trump gets priestly blessing from Jew for Jesus