Laurel Leff is the author of “Buried by the Times: The Holocaust and America’s Most Important Newspaper” (Cambridge University Press, 2005).
November 13, 2014 11:00am
JTA correspondents were never needed more than during the 12 years of the Hitler regime, often providing the first, and sometimes only, reports on the unfolding Holocaust.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- NYC to fund security guards for Jewish schools
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter