September 28, 2006 9:00am
St. Petersburg’s gleaming new Jewish community center has stirred a slow-burning controversy between the local Jewish community and the $10 million facility’s prime donor, the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee.
- At least 32 JCCs across US targeted in second wave of bomb threats
- Popular neo-Nazi blogger resigns over revelation his wife is Jewish
- At the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, a virtual encounter with a Syrian refugee
- Obama: UN vote did not cause ‘major rupture’ in US-Israel relations
- Obama told Trump that embassy move to Jerusalem could be ‘explosive’