September 28, 2006 9:00am
St. Petersburg’s gleaming new Jewish community center has stirred a slow-burning controversy between the local Jewish community and the $10 million facility’s prime donor, the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- CNN posts Middle East map that doesn’t show Israel
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse