March 21, 2006 10:00am
As Chasidic reggae artist Matisyahu’s second album tops sales charts, some critics raise questions of cultural appropriation. Others venture that the singer may have found a perfect marketing hook.
June 21, 2005 9:00am
Jewish books are now big business: According to industry sources, there are more than 70 of them nationwide, with an annual revenue of $3 million.
March 3, 2005 10:00am
Columbia University’s president, Lee Bollinger, at the center of the controversy over the school’s treatment of pro-Israel students and points of view, talks about his take on the situation and his hopes for change.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews
- Italian synagogue damaged in severe storm