March 21, 2006 10:00am
As Chasidic reggae artist Matisyahu’s second album tops sales charts, some critics raise questions of cultural appropriation. Others venture that the singer may have found a perfect marketing hook.
June 21, 2005 9:00am
Jewish books are now big business: According to industry sources, there are more than 70 of them nationwide, with an annual revenue of $3 million.
March 3, 2005 10:00am
Columbia University’s president, Lee Bollinger, at the center of the controversy over the school’s treatment of pro-Israel students and points of view, talks about his take on the situation and his hopes for change.
- U.S. authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- Bomb threats hit at least 8 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- Natalie Portman will not attend Academy Awards due to pregnancy
- Dozens of headstones overturned at Philadelphia Jewish cemetery
- Jewish prankster fools ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ judges with ‘crappy’ rapping rabbi act
- Physicist Mildred Dresselhaus, ‘Queen of Carbon,’ dies at 86
- US authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- ADL offers reward for information about Philadelphia Jewish cemetery vandals
- Did Donald Trump and the Jews have a good week?
- Swastika made of feces found at Rhode Island school
- Jewish women’s organization cancels Brazil exhibit after Israeli paintings stolen