March 21, 2006 10:00am
As Chasidic reggae artist Matisyahu’s second album tops sales charts, some critics raise questions of cultural appropriation. Others venture that the singer may have found a perfect marketing hook.
June 21, 2005 9:00am
Jewish books are now big business: According to industry sources, there are more than 70 of them nationwide, with an annual revenue of $3 million.
March 3, 2005 10:00am
Columbia University’s president, Lee Bollinger, at the center of the controversy over the school’s treatment of pro-Israel students and points of view, talks about his take on the situation and his hopes for change.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- What Syria’s refugees think about Israel might surprise you
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- Ben Carson blames gun control for the Holocaust
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Donald Trump gets priestly blessing from Jew for Jesus