March 21, 2006 10:00am
As Chasidic reggae artist Matisyahu’s second album tops sales charts, some critics raise questions of cultural appropriation. Others venture that the singer may have found a perfect marketing hook.
June 21, 2005 9:00am
Jewish books are now big business: According to industry sources, there are more than 70 of them nationwide, with an annual revenue of $3 million.
March 3, 2005 10:00am
Columbia University’s president, Lee Bollinger, at the center of the controversy over the school’s treatment of pro-Israel students and points of view, talks about his take on the situation and his hopes for change.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments