March 21, 2006 10:00am
As Chasidic reggae artist Matisyahu’s second album tops sales charts, some critics raise questions of cultural appropriation. Others venture that the singer may have found a perfect marketing hook.
June 21, 2005 9:00am
Jewish books are now big business: According to industry sources, there are more than 70 of them nationwide, with an annual revenue of $3 million.
March 3, 2005 10:00am
Columbia University’s president, Lee Bollinger, at the center of the controversy over the school’s treatment of pro-Israel students and points of view, talks about his take on the situation and his hopes for change.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Lone soldiers from North America attend Thanksgiving dinner in Tel Aviv
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- NYC to fund security guards for Jewish schools
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter