August 20, 2012 3:39pm
Jewish parents should pay a little less attention to their children’s grades and a little more attention to their values, says Madeline Levine, the author of the new book “Teach Your Children Well: Parenting for Authentic Success.”
June 13, 2012 2:28pm
Alexis Kashar, an attorney specializing in special education and disability rights, is working to increase Jewish community access for the deaf and hard of hearing. And it all stems from a verse in Leviticus from her daughter’s bat mitzvah.
April 9, 2012 3:30pm
Lori Loebelsohn enters other people’s lives at pivotal moments — a marriage, a milestone birthday, a bar mitzvah — to create what she calls “life-cycle paintings”: personalized works of art that commemorate a special day while also reflecting upon an individual’s lifetime.
December 9, 2011 6:51pm
The Ruderman Family Foundation and several organizational partners are working to raise the profile of special needs inclusion within the Jewish world.
August 7, 2007 9:00am
Isaac Larian, an Iranian Jewish immigrant, set out in 2000 to create an anti-Barbie. Fast forward seven years, his line of Bratz dolls is a billion-dollar industry with a new motion picture in theaters.
August 7, 2007 9:00am
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez’s visit to Argentina upset local Jews.
WatchMark Zuckerberg just used a Hebrew prayer to inspire Harvard ’17
- Jared, Ivanka and that Friday night flight: Experts respond
- ‘Alt-right’ celebrates alleged body slam of Jewish reporter Ben Jacobs by GOP congressional candidate
- GOP House candidate charged with body slamming Jewish reporter
- There’s an Orthodox version of ‘Shark Tank’
- Sheldon Adelson questioned by police in Netanyahu corruption investigation
- Among Lithuania’s Jews, a fight for communal control takes a nasty ethnic turn
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- Hecklers shout ‘Heil Hitler!’ during Jewish school’s Holocaust play
- Portland man who killed two while attacking Muslim women is known white supremacist
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’