May 31, 2011 9:00pm
It is time to elevate our investment in the teen years — when individuals begin exploring their identity, defining their values and shaping who they will become as adults — as a priority on our communal agenda, writes philanthropist Lynn Schusterman.
January 20, 2011 12:35am
At a time of divisiveness and partisanship, we are reminded of the urgency of Martin Luther King Jr.’s call to greatness through service, an act upon which we can begin to build mutual understanding, writes the chair of the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation.
June 18, 2010 7:00pm
As the first-ever Jewish LGBT Movement Building Convening nears, now is the ideal time for the Jewish community to foster a welcoming, inclusive environment for LGBT Jews and to stand up for LGBT equality, writes Schusterman Family Foundation chief Lynn Schusterman.
January 12, 2010 2:29am
TULSA, Okla. (JTA) — In 2007, I issued a call to the Jewish community to make service to others a top priority. I urged that we step up our commitment to tzedek and tikkun olam by increasing both the number of young Jews doing service and our support for Jewish organizations that provide authentic service…
December 7, 2009 6:48pm
An Israeli naval cadet was killed during a diving exercise.
February 14, 2007 10:00am
Volunteer work is a rite of passage just as important for younger Jews as bar and bat mitzvah, philanthropist Lynn Schusterman writes.
- Some 30 Jewish institutions across US targeted in second wave of bomb threats
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- Obama told Trump that embassy move to Jerusalem could be ‘explosive’
- At the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, a virtual encounter with a Syrian refugee
- Obama won the Jewish vote without winning over the pro-Israel mainstream