June 15, 2011 9:30pm
The 24,000 pages of emails from Sarah Palin’s first year and a half as governor released Friday did not yield any major bombshells, but a former Alaskan lawmaker hit back at Palin’s use of the term "bird-nose" to describe him in correspondence with her staff: From: Palin, Sarah (GOV sponsored) To: Frye, Ivy J…
June 15, 2011 3:43pm
U.S. House members formally launched the Latino-Jewish Congressional Caucus.
June 15, 2011 12:25pm
The Croatian Parliament is expected to discuss a change to the country’s restitution law that would make it possible for foreigners, including Holocaust survivors, to file property claims.
June 14, 2011 6:14pm
U.S. Rep. Brad Sherman will introduce a bill to prevent cities from banning male circumcision, the California lawmaker’s office said.
June 14, 2011 3:24pm
Americans’ views on Middle East issues have not changed in recent months, despite major headlines from the region, according to a new poll.
June 14, 2011 11:52am
Israel was absent as a topic during the first Republican presidential debate in New Hampshire.
June 13, 2011 9:39pm
The Department of Homeland Security is partnering with Jewish organizations to expand its “If You See Something, Say Something” public awareness campaign, the first such partnership with a faith-based community.
June 7, 2011 8:11pm
Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.), the U.S. House of Representatives majority leader, called on Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) to resign.
June 7, 2011 7:50pm
Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio) introduced a resolution calling for the withholding of U.N. funding if the General Assembly recognizes a Palestinian state.
June 7, 2011 7:20pm
Actor Leonard Nimoy, best known for his role as Spock in the original "Star Trek" series, has come out in support of a two-state solution in a plea for peace in the Middle East. In an open letter posted on the website for left-leaning organization Americans for Peace Now, Nimoy advocates for two states with…
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair