is JTA's copy editor. Prior to joining JTA in 2006, he served 15 years as the assistant managing editor at The New York Jewish Week. He also has worked as a reporter and editor in news and sports for daily and weekly newspapers in New Jersey.
July 6, 2009 10:09pm
Mim Chappell-Eber and Ariel Aber, mother and daughter, bring unique perspectives to the field as coach and player, and as black Jews.
July 6, 2009 10:04pm
University of Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl’s credentials finally caught up with his desire to lead the U.S. men’s open basketball team at the Maccabiah Games. He’s part of a 900-member U.S. contingent heading to the 18th Games this month featuring some 8,000 athletes from more than 60 countries.
July 6, 2009 9:49pm
As the grandchildren of Holocaust survivors, sister and brother soccer standouts Tracy and Josh Bienenfeld may take a little added pride from suburban Philadelphia to the 18th Maccabiah Games.
June 24, 2009 6:47pm
Eitan Chemerinski of the Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School in Rockville, Md., was named the 2008-09 National Player of the Year by a Jewish basketball service.
June 23, 2009 7:28pm
Here’s a hook on the Bernie Madoff debacle: Golfweek.com reports that the scam by Madoff, an avid golfer, forced dozens of defrauded and newly penurious investors to resign from historically Jewish clubs, which were having a tough enough time without Madoff making things worse. Now that’s rough. Here’s the Golfweek story.
May 15, 2009 12:23am
Like the summer action flick “Snakes on a Plane,” director Sam Hoffman’s Jewish humor Web site is up front about what it offers: old Jews telling jokes.
May 14, 2009 11:13pm
A candidate in Arkansas for the U.S. Senate reportedly referred to Sen. Chuck Schumer as “that Jew.”
May 3, 2009 11:44pm
U.S. Jewish leaders want answers as to why two former AIPAC officials were targeted for a federal investigation.
April 30, 2009 8:12pm
Maccabi Tel Aviv will hit both U.S. coasts for exhibition games against NBA teams.
April 29, 2009 11:07pm
The Jewish Museum in Berlin will expand by converting a flower market.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv among world’s top 40 cities, travel magazine readers say
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- Curt Schilling asks CNN’s Jake Tapper why Jews back Democrats
- Jewish plus-size model shocks German viewers with anorexia photos
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary