is JTA's copy editor. Prior to joining JTA in 2006, he served 15 years as the assistant managing editor at The New York Jewish Week. He also has worked as a reporter and editor in news and sports for daily and weekly newspapers in New Jersey.
July 6, 2009 10:09pm
Mim Chappell-Eber and Ariel Aber, mother and daughter, bring unique perspectives to the field as coach and player, and as black Jews.
July 6, 2009 10:04pm
University of Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl’s credentials finally caught up with his desire to lead the U.S. men’s open basketball team at the Maccabiah Games. He’s part of a 900-member U.S. contingent heading to the 18th Games this month featuring some 8,000 athletes from more than 60 countries.
July 6, 2009 9:49pm
As the grandchildren of Holocaust survivors, sister and brother soccer standouts Tracy and Josh Bienenfeld may take a little added pride from suburban Philadelphia to the 18th Maccabiah Games.
June 24, 2009 6:47pm
Eitan Chemerinski of the Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School in Rockville, Md., was named the 2008-09 National Player of the Year by a Jewish basketball service.
June 23, 2009 7:28pm
Here’s a hook on the Bernie Madoff debacle: Golfweek.com reports that the scam by Madoff, an avid golfer, forced dozens of defrauded and newly penurious investors to resign from historically Jewish clubs, which were having a tough enough time without Madoff making things worse. Now that’s rough. Here’s the Golfweek story.
May 15, 2009 12:23am
Like the summer action flick “Snakes on a Plane,” director Sam Hoffman’s Jewish humor Web site is up front about what it offers: old Jews telling jokes.
May 14, 2009 11:13pm
A candidate in Arkansas for the U.S. Senate reportedly referred to Sen. Chuck Schumer as “that Jew.”
May 3, 2009 11:44pm
U.S. Jewish leaders want answers as to why two former AIPAC officials were targeted for a federal investigation.
April 30, 2009 8:12pm
Maccabi Tel Aviv will hit both U.S. coasts for exhibition games against NBA teams.
April 29, 2009 11:07pm
The Jewish Museum in Berlin will expand by converting a flower market.
- Muslim civil rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on JCC bomb threats
- Leah Adler, mother of Steven Spielberg and popular restaurateur, dies at 97
- Author JK Rowling helps boost Muslim campaign to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
- NJ yeshiva alumni, former staff implore graduate Jared Kushner to help halt refugee ban
- After much prodding, Trump condemns anti-Semitism
- Meet the Jewish couple leading the Trump resistance
- Jewish groups seek action from Trump to match his words on anti-Semitism
- Pence visits vandalized cemetery, condemns threats to JCCs
- Muslim campaign raises over $100,000 for vandalized Jewish cemetery
- Jewish governor of Missouri, Muslim activists pitching in to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
AnalysisTrump, the Jews and the political weaponization of anti-Semitism