is JTA's copy editor. Prior to joining JTA in 2006, he served 15 years as the assistant managing editor at The New York Jewish Week. He also has worked as a reporter and editor in news and sports for daily and weekly newspapers in New Jersey.
June 6, 2010 5:41am
Shabbat is over and it’s nearly time for Yuri Foreman, rabbinical student, to defend his WBA super welterweight championship against the veteran Miguel Cotto at the new Yankee Stadium. The fighters have an ideal night weather-wise: a bit balmy but with a pleasant breeze. Though Foreman, the Belarus native now fighting out of Brooklyn, N.Y., is…
March 8, 2010 11:03pm
One of the top defenders in the NBA had the word “defense” inscribed in his hair in Hebrew, as well as in Japanese and Hindi.
March 8, 2010 8:08am
Orthodox boxer Yuri Foreman’s first title defense appears to be a go for Yankee Stadium on June 5.
March 3, 2010 9:18pm
Hank Rosenstein, who played for a mostly Jewish New York Knicks team that took part in what is considered the NBA’s first game in 1946, has died.
February 10, 2010 9:55pm
The first Israeli player in the NBA received boisterous support at Madison Square Garden.
January 31, 2010 10:39pm
Sandy Koufax will spend a rare night in the spotlight when he sits down with Joe Torre to help raise money for Torre’s foundation.
January 29, 2010 2:36am
To the Editor: We Jews do not do ourselves a favor when, without having firsthand knowledge of an event, we condemn people of despicable actions. I heard Rush Limbaugh "condemning Jews" on his broadcast – a complete misinterpretation that was used by Abraham Foxman to charge Limbaugh with border anti-Semitism. Nothing could be further from…
January 14, 2010 9:55pm
Boston Red Sox infielder Kevin Youkilis was voted the top Jewish baseball player of the decade in online balloting.
December 16, 2009 12:30am
The man who shot up the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle building in July 2006 was found guilty of murder in his second trial.
November 24, 2009 7:13pm
Boxer Dmitriy Salita will wear the Maccabi Haifa Israeli basketball team logo in his world championship bout.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair