August 3, 2004 9:00am
The family of a victim of Palestinian terror is cheering a federal grand jury indictment against a Texas-based foundation and its leaders on charges they funneled money to Hamas.
June 20, 2002 9:00am
In a move that could hasten John Demjanjuk’s departure from the U.S., the Simon Wiesenthal Center has asked Poland to investigate his World War II activities and charge Demjanjuk with being a death camp guard.
December 13, 2000 10:00am
CLEVELAND, Dec. 13 (JTA) Most major Jewish organizations hailed this week’s federal appeals court decision, which struck down the Cleveland school voucher program as unconstitutional. But some groups are not cheering as loudly as they once might have, showing how the Jewish approach to issues of church and state has evolved over the years…
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Theo Epstein vs. Mike Chernoff: The Jewish minds behind the Cubs and the Indians
- Trump supporter and radio host: Rahm Emanuel part of ‘Jewish mafia’ that controls US
- Cubs vs. Indians: Which team is more Jewish?
- Trump Israel adviser denies anti-Semitic sentiment among supporters
- Counting kippahs and in-laws: Joe Biden says he’s ‘more Jewish’ than Clinton
- A Brooklyn judge becomes America’s first Hasidic woman to serve in public office
- Spain’s Jewish ‘ghost towns’ seek a boost from living Jews
- Clinton campaign tally shows 5 top donors are Jewish
- Second UNESCO committee passes resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount
- Israel Police recommend lifting ban on lawmakers’ visits to Temple Mount
- Israeli journalist Ari Shavit apologizes for ‘misunderstanding’ in response to reporter’s sexual assault account
- Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100 percent’ if elected
- Among Cleveland’s Orthodox voters, reluctance reigns
- One Jew, One Vote: Hildee Weiss, 48
- Curt Schilling calls Jews who slammed his Jake Tapper questioning ‘clowns’
- Bernie Sanders talks with a young progressive. Is the Jewish establishment listening?
- One Jew, One Vote: Rivka Joseph, 28