July 18, 2010 9:58pm
Performing his first tahara, the national director of the National Association of Chevra Kadisha writes of the beauty of the traditional Jewish procedure cleansing a body before burial.
June 4, 2009 12:36am
The National Jewish Deaf Singles Registry is trying to help deaf Jews cherish and retain their Jewish identity after years of exclusion, says the associate director of the Orthodox Union’s Yachad/The National Jewish Council for Disabilities.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments