May 18, 2010 12:38am
A U.S. congressman introduced a resolution calling for the immediate release of captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit.
May 17, 2010 6:53pm
Moshe Greenberg, one of Judaism’s pre-eminent biblical scholars, has died.
May 11, 2010 1:18am
Americans have witnessed racial epithets, homophobic slurs and spitting on a congressman in the realm of public discourse. Now a number of Jewish groups are saying enough is enough.
May 6, 2010 3:32pm
A co-founder of a school educating Jews and Palestinians together received the Woman of Courage Award from the U.S. State Department.
May 5, 2010 9:48pm
Two global Jewish groups, one focused on advocacy and the other on students, established a joint association.
May 4, 2010 3:26pm
Some Jewish groups have expressed disappointment with a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that calls for a policy of accommodation toward religious displays on government-owned land.
May 3, 2010 11:02pm
Robert Elman was elected president of the American Jewish Committee at the organization’s annual meeting.
May 3, 2010 10:24pm
An Iraqi delegation pressed the State Department for the return of Jewish artifacts currently stored in the United States.
April 29, 2010 1:58pm
A leading breast cancer organization and the city of Jerusalem are teaming up.
April 28, 2010 9:49pm
A former AIPAC president and board chairman kicked off his campaign for a Massachusetts state office.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Why Jews from Libya are worried about the fate of the country’s Jewish artifacts
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue