February 29, 2012 2:49pm
Opponents of a proposed shopping center in Prague to be built on the site where Jews were deported to Nazi death camps want to ensure that an appropriate monument also is erected.
February 27, 2012 12:22pm
Czech Jewish groups have issued a joint statement calling on President Vaclav Klaus to disassociate himself from the anti-Semitic comments of Adam Bartos.
February 16, 2012 3:00pm
The Polish Senate has posthumously honored World War II hero Jan Karski for his work in revealing details of the Nazi genocide taking place in Poland
February 13, 2012 2:10pm
Polish Jewish groups are opposing their government’s decision to change Polish law for the restitution of confiscated Jewish property.
February 6, 2012 2:58pm
Jewish and historical groups in Poland have called for a day to be devoted to Poles who helped Jews during the Holocaust.
January 31, 2012 2:11pm
A Czech Holocaust survivor published a diary of his Nazi concentration camp experiences.
January 29, 2012 2:52pm
Kazimierz Smolen, an Auschwitz survivor and postwar director of its memorial site, died in the Polish town of Oswiecim where the camp was located.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- How Paris public schools became no-go zones for Jews
WatchOlympic figure skater Sasha Cohen dances hora at wedding — to Bruno Mars
- Steven Hill, Orthodox Jewish actor who played ‘Law & Order’ DA, dies at 94
- In Israeli first, Orthodox Jerusalem synagogue hires female spiritual leader
- NFL player Terrell Suggs lost weight — by cutting down on gefilte fish
- The 9 best Jews to play Trump in Clinton’s debate prep
- It’s indisputable: The GOP is the pro-Israel party
- Quit the failed attempts to paint Democrats as weak on Israel
- Trump campaign opens 3rd Israeli office, near Tel Aviv
- Outside Haim Saban fundraiser for Hillary Clinton, Black Lives Matter protests for Palestinians
- Is Donald Trump’s proposal to keep out anti-Semites practical — or ethical?
- Citing their ‘core beliefs,’ 40 Orthodox clergy condemn Trump’s ‘hateful rhetoric’