April 30, 2012 7:31pm
A strong Jewish future requires that Russian-speaking Jews play a significant role, writes the president of the Jewish Agency for Israel.
August 3, 2010 1:10am
A Jewish Agency official says the agency’s new strategic plan will broaden and increase future funding to programs like Nativ, a crash course in Judaism that presents an opportunity to fast-track the conversion process through the Israel Defense Forces.
July 30, 2010 6:41pm
As the controversy over the conversion issue reached a fever pitch last week, a group of IDF soldiers shuffled past flowerbeds into classrooms at the Jewish Agency’s Kiryat Moriah educational center in Jerusalem. Four hundred soldiers, many of them immigrants, come together from every army unit for 14 hours a day of learning. Today’s lesson…
- Israel Police arrest 22 haredi Orthodox men accused of sex crimes
- Millions of Israeli children said at risk of stunted development, possibly from desalinated water
- ‘Switched at Birth’ gets an interfaith marriage dilemma just right
- Ukrainian war hero and lawmaker slurs Jews
- IfNotNow protesters dance, chant outside AIPAC conference
- 3 times AIPAC speakers weren’t so bipartisan this year