is a JTA correspondent in South Africa. A law graduate and psychology major, she is the Cape Town correspondent for the South African Jewish Report. She contributes to London's Jewish Chronicle, is a reporter for the Cape Jewish Chronicle and has been published in the Cape Times and Cape Argus.
December 6, 2009 7:40pm
The South Africa Human Rights Commission upheld a hate speech complaint lodged by a Jewish group.
April 24, 2009 10:22pm
South Africa’s Jewish umbrella group said it its relationship with the winner in the country’s presidential election, Jacob Zuma, has “always been good.”
February 10, 2009 6:38pm
An anti-apartheid activist cleric has called on Jewish, Muslim and Christian South Africans to show solidarity with the Palestinians.
February 5, 2009 9:50pm
South African Jewry’s umbrella body has accepted an apology from a government minister.
February 4, 2009 11:31pm
A South African Jewish group rejected the foreign minister’s apology for saying “Jewish money power” controlled the United States and other Western countries.
February 3, 2009 9:10pm
South African dock workers say they will not offload an Israeli ship that is set to dock in the harbor of the port city of Durban.
February 2, 2009 7:47pm
A group of more than 100 South African Muslims has condemned calls to boycott Jewish-owned businesses.
January 28, 2009 9:07pm
A South African Jewish umbrella group lodged a complaint against the country’s deputy minister of foreign affairs for hate speech.
January 20, 2009 11:21pm
An e-mail campaign is urging South Africans to boycott Jewish-owned businesses.
January 20, 2009 2:05am
African National Congress lawmakers said Israeli abuses against Palestinians “make apartheid look like a Sunday school picnic.”
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Theo Epstein vs. Mike Chernoff: The Jewish minds behind the Cubs and the Indians
- Trump supporter and radio host: Rahm Emanuel part of ‘Jewish mafia’ that controls US
- Cubs vs. Indians: Which team is more Jewish?
- Trump Israel adviser denies anti-Semitic sentiment among supporters
- Counting kippahs and in-laws: Joe Biden says he’s ‘more Jewish’ than Clinton
- Bill Clinton: Jewish Americans, more than any group, can’t sit out election
- Clinton campaign tally shows 5 top donors are Jewish
- Second UNESCO committee passes resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount
- Israel Police recommend lifting ban on lawmakers’ visits to Temple Mount
- Israeli journalist Ari Shavit apologizes for ‘misunderstanding’ in response to reporter’s sexual assault account
- NY village, town to pay $2.9M for alleged discrimination against Hasidim
- Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100%’ if elected
- Among Cleveland’s Orthodox voters, reluctance reigns
- One Jew, One Vote: Hildee Weiss, 48
- Curt Schilling calls Jews who slammed his Jake Tapper questioning ‘clowns’
- Bernie Sanders talks with a young progressive. Is the Jewish establishment listening?
- One Jew, One Vote: Rivka Joseph, 28