January 11, 2014 6:42pm
A timeline of the former Israeli prime minister’s life.
July 20, 2003 9:00am
A single mother´s 120-mile hike to protest government cuts to income supplements has captivated the public and spawned similar treks around the country. The protests come in response to budget cuts pushed by Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, aime
June 24, 2003 9:00am
Arab-Jewish tensions in Israel appear likely to rise after five senior members of the Islamic Movement, including its leader, Sheik Ra´ed Salah, were indicted for working with Hamas-linked terrorist organizations.
June 16, 2003 9:00am
Efforts are reviving to get peace efforts back on track after violence that left dozens of Israelis and Palestinians dead. An Egyptian delegation continues to press Palestinian terror groups to accept a cease-fire on attacks against Israelis, and a U.S.
June 13, 2003 9:00am
The fragile peace efforts launched last week at the Middle East summit in Aqaba, Jordan, appeared to be unraveling at a dizzying pace as Israel and the Palestinians were drawn back into a familiar and bloody pattern of violence and retaliation.
May 13, 2003 9:00am
In addition to the fight against terrorism in the West Bank and Gaza, Israeli authorities also are focusing their efforts inward, arresting senior members of the radical Islamic Movement in northern Israel for allegedly aiding Hamas.
May 4, 2003 9:00am
Israel’s Labor Party, already in shambles since its stinging defeat in the general elections earlier this year, became even more unsettled as Amram Mitzna stepped down as party leader, blaming infighting and backstabbing by senior party officials fo
April 10, 2003 9:00am
Following a period of relative quiet during the early weeks of the war in Iraq, Israeli-Palestinian violence is surging again as President Bush continues to signal his determination to press ahead with the diplomatic “road map” toward Israeli
March 30, 2003 10:00am
Palestinian support for Iraq during the U.S-led military campaign took on a new dimension in a suicide bombing in the Israeli city of Netanya that wounded dozens of people. In claiming credit for the terror attack, Islamic Jihad said it was, in part, aime
March 6, 2003 10:00am
“Answer me,” blared the headline of an Israeli newspaper Thursday, summarizing a father’s desperate efforts to reach his son after their cell phone conversation was cut off by a suicide bomb attack. Stunned classmates and friends of the
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Orthodox trader, immigrant Harvard grad, killed by Manhattan crane collapse
- Mystery solved: Sanders volunteered at kibbutz Shaar Haamakim
- Israeli Jewish boy, 11, stabbed and wounded allegedly by Arab teen
- Anti-Semitism a ‘recurrent problem’ in Dutch schools, gov’t report says
- Brazil Hillel feigns closure in bizarre marketing stunt
- On 'SNL' with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the idealistic Jew
- Prayer books, Torah scrolls destroyed in suspected Palestinian arson attack
- On ‘SNL’ with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the Jewish idealist
- Thriving indie Jewish communities join forces to create rabbinic fellowship
- 50 years on, Bernie Sanders still champions values of his Israeli kibbutz
- Coen brothers on #OscarsSoWhite: We write what we know – Jews and Minnesotans