January 15, 2001 10:00am
MOGHILEV, Belarus, Jan. 15 (JTA) — Victor Shpuntov struggled to find the words in English. He had not spoken the language since his school days some 20 years ago, and his frustration was showing. “I understand about being Jewish,” Shpuntov eventually stammered. An engineer from Moghilev, a town in southern Belarus, Shpuntov was talking about…
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- NYC to fund security guards for Jewish schools
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter