February 25, 2013 7:47pm
Sunday night’s Academy Awards ceremony featured a not very subtle onslaught of sexist, racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic “jokes,” crossing the invisible line between satire and bigotry, writes a Los Angeles academic and author.
July 15, 2012 7:25pm
Jews have had a remarkable impact on social reform and activism, and the depth of those contributions must be re-examined, writes the author of the new book “The 100 Greatest Americans of the 20th Century: A Social Justice Hall of Fame.”
- Bomb threats hit at least 10 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- Bomb threats hit at least 8 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- U.S. authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- Natalie Portman will not attend Academy Awards due to pregnancy
- Dozens of headstones overturned at Philadelphia Jewish cemetery
- Jewish prankster fools ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ judges with ‘crappy’ rapping rabbi act
- US authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- ADL offers reward for information about Philadelphia Jewish cemetery vandals
- Swastika made of feces found at Rhode Island school
- Did Donald Trump and the Jews have a good week?
- Jewish women’s organization cancels Brazil exhibit after Israeli paintings stolen