December 23, 2003 10:00am
A group of women in owl costumes dished out "anti-awards" to several major Jewish organizations for their "sins," such as sexism and homophobia.
November 5, 2003 10:00am
David Bar-Illan, who died at 73, was a concert pianist and a journalist whose staunchly pro-Israel columns in the early 1990s paved the way for today´s critiques of anti-Israel bias in the media.
November 4, 2003 10:00am
An Israeli father-daughter team ran the New York City marathon in memory of their late wife and mother.
June 12, 2003 9:00am
Several films on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict are showing at this year’s Human Rights Watch International Film Festival in New York. A selection of films from the festival will also travel to 35 cities in the United States, beginning in September.
May 22, 2003 9:00am
Rabbi David Clayman, one of the leading American Jewish advocates in Israel, died overnight Thursday from cancer at the age of 69.
May 1, 2003 9:00am
John Kayston, a refugee from Hitler’s Germany who worked his way up at JTA from mail clerk to executive vice president, died of a heart attack at age 87. Kayston was able to use his German language skills and journalistic ingenuity to shed light on
March 25, 2003 10:00am
Longtime JTA foreign editor Mitchell Danow, who oversaw the news agency’s foreign copy and news briefs, died of a heart attack at age 55. Danow, a veteran journalist but also a novelist, union representative and former teacher, had a passion for the
February 13, 2003 10:00am
Director Constantin Costa-Gavras’ latest film may be about history, but he made it with an eye to the present.
January 8, 2003 10:00am
An agreement between the U.S. government’s Nazi-hunting unit and an unnamed European government could lead to more prosecutions of suspected Nazi-era war criminals living in the United States and help the Justice Department identify previously unkno
November 17, 2002 10:00am
Abba Eban, who died at the age of 87, served Israel for more than four decades and was a “founding father of Israeli diplomacy.”
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- How Israel is courting tourists from India and China
- This former nebbish can help you become super popular — like him
OpinionWhile Israel tarries on pluralism, the Diaspora may be running out of patience
- An anti-Trump comics collection edited by the Spiegelman family
- Trump names Jewish billionaire Stephen Schwarzman to head economic advisory team
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
OpinionWhy planting more trees in Israel is a bad idea right now
- Azerbaijan’s embassy to co-host Hanukkah party at Trump’s DC hotel